Sunday 15 May 2016

Dr Organic Royal Jelly Eye Serum

A picture of Dr Organic Royal Jelly Eye Serum

I picked up Dr Organic Royal Jelly Eye Serum in my first build a box from Latest in Beauty back in March, it was the full sized version and as such has lasted quite a while. In fact I'd say I've at least another two or three months of use left in it so far.

The Claims


"Royal Jelly's epigenetic properties make it a revolutionary bioactive ingredient, perfect in natural skincare. Combining this unique action with a blend of moisturising bioactive, natural and organic ingredients provides an unrivalled serum ideal for supporting the appearance of the delicate skin around the eyes."

The Ingredients 


Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Aqua, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dicaprylyl Ether, Gossypium Herbaceum Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Carica Papaya Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Propolis, Centella Asiatica Extract, Maltodextrin, Silica, Polygonum Fagopyrum Seed Extract, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Royal Jelly Extract, Mel (Manuka honey), Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Flower Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Parfum, Juniperus Virginiana (Cedarwood) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter orange) Leaf Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal.

The Immediate Concerns


There are a few known skin irritants in this serum which is surprising considering it's designed to go around your eyes, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate and both citronellol and hydroxycitronella all can cause skin issues such as contact dermatitis and inflammation in larger doses, however the saving grace here is their position on the ingredients list. As we known, the further down the list they are the less amounts of an ingredient there is in the product.

Further up the list are more ingredients designed to fight inflammation and impart moisture to the skin, such as glycerin, gossypium herbaceum seed oil, panthenol, manuka honey and of course the royal jelly extract this product is named for, to name a few.

How Did It Fair?


As this is a serum it is not as thick as a usual eye cream, although thankfully not as runny as many serums, it's a light cream that spreads super easily and absorbs quickly into the skin. Although it contains fragrance I can't say I've noticed any scent from it which makes me wonder why fragrance is in it at all.

I've been using it for two months now, which is enough time to notice a difference and my honest conclusion is, that although it moisturises okay for my oily skin, those who have drier or more mature skin would do well to use a thicker cream over the top of this serum. I don't think this detracts from the serum at all, most serums are designed to go under a moisturiser, it just wouldn't be enough on its own for any other skin types than oily, which mine is.

My Conclusion


What I haven't noticed however is any reduction in the fine lines that are starting to show around my eyes, and trust me I've scrutinised them enough. Although I don't need extra moisture particularly because the skin around my eyes isn't dry, I'm going to also start applying a separate moisturiser (Bee Good, Lift & Brighten) over the serum to see if that helps any. I'll get back to you on that one.

A decent serum for oilier skins who don't need a lot of help around the eyes, maybe people in their early twenties.

Next time on the blog

Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar Blush
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question, do feel free to contact me via Twitter @RedsBeautyBlog or drop me an email at elizabethredblog@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Mrs Red's Beauty Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig