Friday 6 May 2016

Bravura London Lactic Acid

A picture of Bravura London Lactic Acid

Bravura London Lactic Acid

The Claims


"This alcohol free chemical peel is infused with Rose Water and is the perfect treatment for dry or dehydrated skin suffering from hyperpigmentation, acne, dry/dull skin, ageing skin or to just freshen the complexion and revive your natural glow."

The Ingredients


Purified Water, Rose Floral Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Sodium HydroxideSodium Citrate.

With such a small ingredients list I thought I'd break down what lactic acid is here in the post, (although I'll put the definitions in the colour coded list ofc)

What is Lactic Acid?


Lactic acid is an AHA or Alpha Hydroxy Acid, alpha-hydroxy acids dissolve the ‘glue’ that holds dead skin cells together. Because this increases cell turnover, skin becomes smoother, more elastic and more even in tone and texture.

It is derived from milk, fruit, vegetables and other plants and has a reputation for being gentler and less irritating than glycolic acid, it also hydrates, increases natural barrier lipids in the outer layer of skin, and lightens and brightens skin for those with age spots or darkened areas.

What makes it so good for dry/dehydrated skin?


Lactic acid is a milder exfoliater than glycolic acid or salicylic acid, it is also a humectant which means it helps skin to retain moisture, exactly what's needed when you have drier or dehydrated skin.

Because it is a natural human metabolite, there is less chance of an allergic reaction with this type of peel and is a good choice for first-time peel users or for those with sensitive skin.

Immediate Concerns


Unlike the other acids I've used my concern with this one wasn't that it would cause my skin to peel or go red but that it wouldn't really do much at all, what with being a much milder acid.

How Did It Fair?


I'm currently alternating between Glycolic Acid and the Lactic Acid having ran out of Salicylic Acid, and I haven't noticed a decline in my skins condition since switching over so it's obviously working. I have noticed I don't tend to get any (mild) stinging or redness from lactic acid like I can do from glycolic acid so that would be a major plus point for people with sensitive skin or people who've not used acids before.

My Conclusion


I would totally recommend this acid for people who are new to acids in their regime or to those with more sensitive skin, as someone who tends towards oily skin I think I'm more likely to stick to the salicylic acid and glycolic mix that I was using as they are more for the oily skined, however I wouldn't knock lactic acid at all, it's definitely one that wouldn't hurt to use.

Next time on the blog

Nude ProGenius Rescue Oil
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This sounds great i use salycilic acid for my spots and now hyperpigmentation spots and am always on the lookout for products that work. Where can u buy this ? Online only? X
    www.whatrosiewrote.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its from this website..http://www.bravuralondon.com/

      Thought id linked it in the post but silly me hasn't.

      Delete
    2. Yeah its from this website..http://www.bravuralondon.com/

      Thought id linked it in the post but silly me hasn't.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question, do feel free to contact me via Twitter @RedsBeautyBlog or drop me an email at elizabethredblog@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Mrs Red's Beauty Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig