Saturday 30 April 2016

April | Product Empties

I seriously cannot believe how fast time is flying by, it doesn't seem five minutes ago since I was writing about my March Product Favourites and now I'm here writing about my April empties.

Without much further ado, and because it scares me to focus on the speed that time is going by, here are my April empties.

Picture of St Ives Apricot Scrub, Marks & Spencers Magnolia, Paul Mitchell Clean Cut Hair Styling Cream and Reworks Texture Cream


St Ives Apricot Scrub;

Actually intended for your face I used this scrub on my body, mostly because I needed a good exfoliation after winter but also because I wouldn't want to use something containing scratchy shell pieces (or pumice or any other manual exfoliant) on my face. Call me fussy but I do think that those sharp little bits could damage the more delicate skin of your face, whereas the body is a lot tougher.

Marks & Spencer's Magnolia Foaming Bath Essence;

I bought this just after Christmas when Marks & Spencer had a sale on, it's a hark back to my childhood when I used to buy the same bubble bath with my pocket money. I thought I was ever so grown up, and I just continue to love the smell of it. Of course back then you got it in litre bottles (or there abouts) that were pink pearlescent and scalloped, things have got smaller and more expensive since those days.

Paul Mitchell Clean Cut, Styling Cream;

I love this styling cream, since I had my hair cut really short a while ago I've found this is the best product to create a spiky look and keep it up all day, other styling products usually flop after a few hours. It doesn't dry into a hard set but remains workable so you can re-jig your hair whenever you feel like it. I always repurchase this from my hairdresser whenever I run out.

Paul Mitchell Reworks, Texture Cream;

This is another really good style cream, though I find it doesn't hold my hair spiky like the Clean Cut cream does, however with short, fine hair I get a lot of 'fluffiness' so this applied to wet hair before drying and finishing with the Clean Cut stops that happening and gives me a lovely clean, sharp look. Another product I always repurchase from my hairdresser.

Picture of Bravura London Salicylic Acid, Nip & Fab Glycolic Pads and Dr Organic Coconut Day Cream

Bravura London Salicylic Acid;

One of my most popular posts was about this product, a fantastic started acid for those new to chemical exfoliation. I will be repurchasing before long but I'm currently alternating Glycolic Acid with Lactic Acid in my skincare routine.

Dr Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Day Cream;

A day cream that I found so thick and rich I was using it as a night cream, wonderfully scented and packed with skin loving ingredients it was a joy to use, the only reason I'm not repurchasing is because I'm currently using Dr Organic's Royal Jelly night cream instead. (expect a post on that in the near future)

Nip & Fab Glycolic Daily Cleansing Pads;

Another product I really liked but was shocked at how many red ingredients there was in it. Currently still weighing up the pros & cons to see if I will re-purchase or not. Read my full review here.

Picture of Dr Organic Snail Gel, The Body Shop Oils of Life Sleeping Cream and Elie Saab Le Parfum

Dr Organic Snail Gel Cream;

I got this sample when I bought a few other Dr Organic products, managed to stretch it out a week, wasn't bad considering it contains snail gel which had been icking me out previously but apparently "boasts a wide range of anti-aging benefits including softened wrinkles, smoother skin, antioxidant protection and improved hydration". Very strong smell of lemongrass though, not sure I'm a huge fan of that scent in a face cream.

Dr Organic Snail Gel;

Another sample I received with other purchases, this was a gel, almost serum like, that felt faintly sticky under the above snail gel cream, seemed to grip makeup well. Could be used as a primer, still a very strong lemongrass smell to it though.

The Body Shop Oils of Life Sleeping Cream;

Still another sample I received that I've used up, obviously not enough in this to say if it did anything for my skin or not but it felt nice on and smelt decent. One I'll keep on eye on I think.

Elie Saab Le Parfum;

I've already written a blog post about this perfume sample I got in my Latest in Beauty Box back in March, a beautiful perfume that I wasn't expecting to like let alone love but one I have fallen head over heels for. On my list of things to buy ASAP.

Next time on the blog

April Product Favourites
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Snail Gel.... oh god no haha. I cant believe how fast this year is going in general! At least it means summers on its way x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same but I'm assured it's not the slime they travel on..... :S

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question, do feel free to contact me via Twitter @RedsBeautyBlog or drop me an email at elizabethredblog@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Mrs Red's Beauty Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig