Sunday 24 April 2016

The Fragrance Shop Discovery Club - Spring 2016

a picture of The Fragrance Shop Discovery Club Spring 2016 box
Last month when looking at subscription boxes to try I came across the Discovery Club by The Fragrance Shop which sends out samples of fragrances every quarter for a fairly small cost which is then refundable against the cost of one of the fragrances (whichever you choose) included.

I signed up in time to get the Spring 2016 box which included;

Gucci Bamboo
Gucci Bamboo emanates the Gucci woman’s diverse sides: her femininity, confidence, savvy and strength. The fragrance represents her essence. A fragrance that is so true to her spirit, it’s tailor-made precisely for the Gucci woman.
Top notes: Orange Blossom, Ylang Ylang
Heart notes: Floral Notes, Casablanca Lily
Base notes: Sandalwood, Tahitian Vanilla, Grey Amber 
Givenchy Gentlemen Only Parisian Break
The composition is a citrus - aromatic - woody. The bottle of the standard design is decorated with a sketch showing the Seine, near l'Ile de la Cité where the cathedral of Notre Dame is located.
Top notes: Nepal mint, lemon
Heart notes: Sage
Base notes: Haitian Vetiver, Ambroxan 
Loewe 7 Anonimo
The new Eau de Parfum is inspired in the first fragrance of the 7 Loewe family, created with seven ingredients, with incense in the top notes. Its bottom notes confer elegance and masculinity and an original leather note strengthens the Loewe character. 
Top notes: Incense
Heart notes: Spices
Base notes: Leather Notes 
Loewe Aura Floral
Modern, with a feminine and sweet taste. Delicate and elegant with a strong personality and a special charm. A wonderful floral bouquet of different tones of violet, amorous roses and sophisticated jasmine. The emblematic Loewe leather note completes this unique fragrance.  
Top notes: Amorous Rose, Violet
Heart notes: Jasmine
Base notes: Leather notes 
Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Rosa Excelsa
An enchanting new scent joins the floral Dolce Garden: Dolce Rosa Excelsa truly captures rose petals in bloom. An ancient symbol of love, beauty and romance, the rose is a recurring motif seen throughout Dolce & Gabbana’s runway collections.
Top notes: Neroli leaves, Papaya,White Water Lily
Heart notes: African Dog Rose, Pink Turkish Rose
Base notes: Musk, Cashmere, Sandalwood 
Prada Candy Kiss
Prada Candy Kiss lingers on the skin like an addictive olfactory tune. An overdose of Musks, like a scent of white cotton wrapped up with voluptuous Orange Blossom and suave Vanilla.
Top notes: White Cotton
Heart notes: Orange Blossom
Base notes: Suave Vanilla

So I've tried out all of the fragrances including the mens ones and I can now say,

Prada Candy Kiss is a lot more mature than I thought it would be, I was expecting something sweet and girly, but it is actually a grown up womans perfume.

I'm highly allergic to Dolce & Gobbana Dolce Rosa Excelsa, ten minutes after spraying it I started to itch all over, ten minutes after that again I started to cough, a lot. I promptly scrubbed it off and won't be wearing it again.

Guci Bamboo I wore once before knocking it onto the floor and smashing the glass vial to bits, it smelt lovely and now my hoover smells lovely too. I was gutted when it smashed because it is a lovely fragrance.

Loewe Aura Floral is okay, reminds me a bit of a Soap & Glory body spray, Glam-a-lot I think if I recall my body sprays correctly.

Loewe 7 Anonimo actually blew me away, it is a mans scent however I feel it is a unisex fragrance and it was utterly delicious. This might be the one I use my £5 back code on.

And Givenchy Gentlemen Only Parisian Break, smells sharp, clean, fresh with a musky backdrop. It was okay, not hideous, I did think stereotypical male fragrance when I first applied it though, so nothing new to wow with.

I think this is a great way to sample different perfumes without having to go round the shops with a spritz of perfume on a strip trying hard to remember which one it was. Or worse, if you're like me, after too many scents at once I get a terrible headache. This is a much easier way to trial them and find out what you like or dislike.
picture of The Fragrance Shop Discovery Club Spring 2016 box
Next time on the blog

Bravura London Hyaluronic Acid Serum
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try a subscription box! You're right, it's a great way to sample different perfumes. I might give this one a try :) thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth a shot, £5 every quarter isn't much and it's easier to trial perfumes at home than go into shops and get a headache imo :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a lovely idea! It frustrates me how difficult it is to properly try perfumes before you buy in shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget which perfume i sprayed on which bit of me so end up not buying anything. These samples are lasting a good time too imo

      Delete
    2. I always forget which perfume i sprayed on which bit of me so end up not buying anything. These samples are lasting a good time too imo

      Delete
  3. This is such a good idea! I've never seen it before. Def better trying at home than putting on ten fragrances in a shop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question, do feel free to contact me via Twitter @RedsBeautyBlog or drop me an email at elizabethredblog@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Mrs Red's Beauty Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig