Friday 18 March 2016

Bravura London Glycolic Acid

a picture of Bravura London Glycolic Acid 10% and Salicylic Acid 2%
Today's star is the Green Bottle

The Claims

"Our unique new formulation is infused with extracts of lavender and can be used 3-4 times a week giving far superior results to a peel used once a week. It helps to fade hyperpigmentation from sun damage or acne, reduces the appearance of fine lines, exfoliates dry skin without being abrasive and reduces acne breakouts."


The Ingredients

Distilled Water, Lavender Water, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose

With such a small ingredients list again I thought I'd break down what glycolic acid is here in the post, like I did with the Salicylic Acid 2%

What is Glycolic Acid?

Glycolic acid is a AHA or alpha hydroxy acid derived from cane sugar. Because it has the smallest molecules of all the AHA's it is able to penetrate the skin easier and deeper than any other making it the most effective for treating fine lines, acne, blackheads, dullness and oiliness.

What makes it so good for oily/acne prone skin?

Glycolic acid 'eats' away at the glue between skin cells, dissolving sebum and causing dead skin cells to slough away revealing the smoother, brighter skin underneath. By dissolving dead skin cells it helps clear up blocked pores, blackheads and other blemishes, particularly cystic acne caused by very deep blockages.

Like salicylic acid, glycolic acid increases cell turnover, reducing fine lines and bringing to the fore younger, healthier skin cells.

Immediate Concerns

Glycolic acid can be quite potent, the skin has to get used to it carefully because using a percentage that is too high can cause redness, irritation, thinned skin and flaking. It also makes skin very sensitive to the sun, so no sun bathing or using tanning beds while using glycolic acid.

However if you follow the instructions you should be fine.

How did it fair?

I currently alternate glycolic acid with salicylic acid with a rest day for my skin in-between. I have found this very effective at clearing up blemishes that come up, and in helping other products I use to sink in more readily.

My Conclusion

As with the salicylic acid this now forms an integral part of my skin care routine, and not something I'd care to give up.

Do you use Salicylic Acid or Glycolic Acid, how have you got on with them? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below.

Next time on the blog

What did I order in my Latest in Beauty box
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question, do feel free to contact me via Twitter @RedsBeautyBlog or drop me an email at elizabethredblog@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Mrs Red's Beauty Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig